Enabling and Designing Sustainable Buildings
Doug King provides a range of services to building owners, developers, architects and design teams tailored to meet specific project outcomes and deliver best value from sustainability initiatives through enhanced productivity for building occupiers and increased asset values for building owners.
If you are considering a building project, refurbishing an existing building or simply want to know how best to reduce your energy costs and improve operations then Doug King can probably help you. He provides support throughout the construction and occupation of buildings:
- Enabling building owners and developers to leverage sustainable performance
- Providing strategic and detailed design to overcome complex challenges
- Engaging teams and building their capability in sustainable design
With Doug, you will get specifically tailored advice and guidance from an expert who has been at the forefront of sustainable building design for over 20 years, not simply a box ticking exercise from an environmental scheme assessor. He brings a wealth of experience to projects, having designed some of the world’s leading environmental buildings within time and budget constraints. He takes a collaborative approach with clients, looking beyond simple regulatory compliance to identify tangible benefits based on a thorough understanding of their business objectives, delivering commercial opportunities and competitive edge. He is not afraid to challenge convention and to innovate where this will deliver identifiable benefits.
In addition to bringing a creative vision to projects, Doug has the specific skill set to refine and optimise design proposals through the application of building physics. He has an unparalleled depth of understanding of the underlying processes relating to energy consumption and conservation that enable him to make rapid and accurate evaluations of the success or otherwise of proposed strategies. He has been involved in developing analysis and modelling techniques and can accurately critique the outputs of building performance simulations, energy modelling and predictions.
- The Sri Aurobindo Society, Puducherry, India
- Transport for London, Group Property & Services
- The Building Research Establishment
- London Borough of Islington
- The Royal Academy of Engineering
- The English Stage Company
- The Technology Strategy Board
- SecureMeters, Udaipur, India
- The Royal Shakespeare Company